The opening and re-opening of Southwold Museum
In 1933, the official opening of the museum took place under the auspices of the Suffolk Naturalists' Society at a General Meeting in the grounds of Saint Felix School.
The ceremony was conducted by the Mayor, Mr E. Pipe. On the left are Mr and Mrs Goddard who donated the building. [P410]
Below: pictures of the official re-opening in May 2008 - a less clement occasion!
Town Mayor Cllr Mrs Teresa Baggott and Town Bellman, Mr John Barber.
Society President, Mr David deKretser, with the Southwold & Reydon Corps of Drums.
Mr Simon Loftus, director of Adnams PLC who performed the opening ceremony, pictured here with Mr David deKretser.